• Prune fuchsia and hydrangea; apply aluminium sulphate to the ground around blue hydrangea varieties to keep them blue.
• Plant lobelia and petunia, in pots and baskets, for quick summer colour. Remember to use a good potting mix.
• Watch for slugs and snails eating new growth on delphiniums, hosta, dahlias and gypsophila. Also newly planted seedlings, both flower and vegetable, they love them all.
• Rake out dead moss from lawns where you have killed the moss with Iron Sulphate in solution, then fertilise with lawn fertiliser, to encourage grass growth.
• Plant early varieties of seed potatoes and continue to mound up as the foliage emerges.
• Sow seed of cucumber, zucchini, melons and pumpkin in small peat pots and then plant out after fear of frost are over, and also then have minimum root disturbance.
Winter – Spring 2016
- Raise money for CHB SPCA
- Find CHB’s Mastermind(s) for 2016
DONATE a gold coin (or more!) at one of the following venues:
- Vet Services HB (Takapau Rd)
- Waipawa Library
- Waipukurau Library
YOU will be given a quiz sheet which you can complete at your leisure.
IF you wish to be included in the Mastermind competition as an individual or a team or just wish to know your score
- Return your answers to one of the above venues by the date shown on the quiz sheet, OR
- Email your answers to email@example.com
ALLOW two days for marking after the closing date.
Just read the article on wasp problems in Central Hawks Bay. Using a digger
to expose nests is very expensive and labour intensive. There is a new
product on the market called vespex, a Kiwi invented bate for the eradication
of wasps. Check it out, it could save a lot of money as it is set as lure
bate and killed 95% of the wasps in the Beech tree forest in South Island
during trials by MAFF and DOC. Could save the council and rate payers a lot
Congratulations to the Deakin Brothers for their tenacity in getting started on the demolition of the old Waipukurau hospital buildings.
As a community we wish them well with their endeavours on this project knowing that almost anything they do to this site will be an improvement on what we have currently. Big thumbs up. These photos were taken 24 February the top ones just a week later on 2 March. Excellent progress...
Policing throughout the western world is changing from the heavy punitive action of "Fire Brigade" policing (i.e. responding to crime after it has been committed), to the more preventative approach, where we use historically gathered intelligence to identify social and community issues which may be contributing to the problem. Then, using the assistance of partner organisations such as Safer CHB, Ministry of Social Development, Housing NZ, endeavour to put programs in place to assist these communities to rise above the issues which are dogging them.
Don't get me wrong, we still have zero tolerance toward anti-social behavior, and our courts are still busy every day, but we envisage that, over time, we can get these numbers down thereby making our communities safer places to live.
Your participation is appreciated in this survey to gauge the online presence of CHB businesses. This is to aid future planning for CHB businesses.
Monthly respiratory clinic at CHB Outpatients Department- always last Thursday of the month. Clinic appointments in Napier Monday to Friday also. (asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease / COPD, bronchiectasis etc)
For free education and support by Respiratory Nurse Educators. Lung function tests (spirometry) completed (charges apply) bookings by appointment Toll Free for cell or landline 0800 ASTHMA / 0800 278462
Monthly Breathe Easy Support Group meets in CHB - call for more details.
Contact Person: Toni Hewett
Phone or Mobile Number: 0800 278 462 or TEXT 022 694 2872
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address: www.asthmahb.co.nz
Check out this interesting map showing Waipukurau shops in the 1930's. Clearly a thriving metropolis even then.
For better viewing click on the link below then click ctrl and + keys together to magnify the image (to undo just click ctrl and -).Waipukurau-shops-pdf1930s-20150613_162441.pdf
Thanks to the Waipukurau Library.
Greetings. This form will enable you to apply for a free business listing on CHB.NET.NZ. The is a simple 'no bells and whistles' alphabetical up-to-date listing in the style of a telephone directory. If you would like a more substantial web presence by means of your own unique web page on this site, a page you may edit and change the content on, please indicate on the form below.